View the below list to find our most frequently requested Permits, Licenses and Forms.

Birth Certificates

Request for Birth Certificate Form 

Building, Sign and Fence Permit Applications

Building Department Form and Applications

For additional information on Building Services, visit the City Website. 

Building - City of Temiskaming Shores

Fire Permits

Application for Open Air Burn Permit

For additional information on Fire Services, visit the City Website.

Fire Services - City of Temiskaming Shores

Lottery License 

Lottery License

For additional information on Lottery License, visit the City Website.

Lottery - City of Temiskaming Shores

Marriage Solemnization Services 

Marriage Licences are issued by appointment only, and are valid for three months (90 days) from the date of issuance.

It is recommended that you apply at least 30 days before your wedding date, to ensure adequate processing time.

To book an appointment, please contact the Municipal Office at:
Phone | 705-672-3363
Website |

By-law No. 2015-026 - Civil Marriage Solemnization Policy

Marriage Licence are issued by appointment only. Please contact City Hall for an appointment. 

Marriage License Application Form

View or print a copy of Temiskaming Shores Marriage Licence Requirements. 

Marriage License Requirements 

Ratepayers Comment Form 

Ratepayer's Comment Form

Taxes and Rebate 

Taxes & Rebates

For additional information on Finance Services, visit the City Website. 
Budget And Finance - City of Temiskaming Shores

Volunteer Firefighter Application Form 

Volunteer Firefighter Application

Junior Firefighter Application

For additional information on Fire Services, visit the City Website. 
Fire Services - City of Temiskaming Shores

Short Term Accommodations License 


Short Term Accommodation Licence Application

Short Term Accommodation Check List


By-law 22-014 - Short Term Accommodations 

A Short Term Accommodation (STA) means a building or structure or any portion thereof that offers a place of temporary residence, lodging or occupancy for any period less than 28 consecutive calendar days, throughout any part of a calendar year. Short-term accommodation uses do not include a hotel, motel, or other similar commercial establishment, but do include bed and breakfast establishments as defined in the Zoning By-law.


What is the purpose of the short term accomodation licencing bylaw?

  • To protect public health and safety and to ensure occupants are provided with safe accommodations in terms of fire and building safety;
  • To create accountability for and to residents, short-term accommodators, and the travelling and vacationing public;
  • To ensure short-term rental (STR) owners and operators are made aware of their responsibilities to comply with all applicable law, including municipal by-laws and other regulations including but not limited to: Noise By-law, Traffic and Parking By-law, Nuisance By-law, Zoning By-law, Fire Protection Regulations, and Building Code;
  • To protect the character, amenities and quality of existing residential neighbourhoods;
  • To permit the operation of licensed short-term rental accommodations across the Municipality.

Inspection Contact Information

For inspection contact:

Gabriel Tasse
By-law Enforcement Officer
Email |
Phone | 705-672-3363 ext. 4133

 Licence Fees

Application Fee | $250.00 (non-refundable)

Inspection Fee | $250.00 (non-refundable)

Annual Fee | $250.00 per licenced bedroom

Appeal Fee | $500.00 (non-refundable)

Operate without a licence penalty | $2,500 annually

Frequently Asked Questions 

Why 28 days?

This time limit is applied to all short-term rentals in the Short-term Accommodation By-law as this specific type of rental is targeted at providing accommodations to the vacationing and travelling public on a short-term basis only and does not include any long-term rentals which would be governed by the Residential Tenancies Act.  

After 28 days, the duration of the use becomes similar to a month-to-month rental or becoming a long term rental that is no longer targeted at the vacationing and travelling public. The purpose of the draft Short-term Rental Licensing By-law is to require Building Code, Fire Code and parking compliance for people living or staying in the dwelling unit even on a short-term basis.

Who is required to have a short term accommodation licence? 

Anyone who plans to operate a short-term rental in the City of Temiskaming Shores in compliance with all Applicable Laws including the City’s Comprehensive Zoning By-law are required to obtain a short-term rental licence.

I am selling my property, what do I do?

A licence is non-transferable with the sale of the property. When a property is sold to which a short-term accommodation license applies, the new owner has six months from the possession date to apply for a license in order to maintain the short-term accommodation status under the most recent license and regulations.

What happens after I submit my application?

After the City receives a complete application, the City will confirm the information and review the application. The Owner or the Applicant is responsible to schedule the required pre licence inspection with the By-law Enforcement Officer.

If the application is approved, the licence will be emailed to the Licensee which must be posted inside the Short-term Accommodation at all times.